The triceps kickbacks are an excellent choice to build up muscle mass on the back of your upper arms. It will help you develop massive triceps. Seems to be a simple task to perform triceps kickback, right!? Basically, it’s about bending forward, support yourself on a bench or a chair and then fire away! 😉 However, I sometimes see people performing the triceps kickbacks with a technique that could be improved to target the triceps more properly. Therefore, below you will find an appropriate triceps kickbacks technique. 😉 If you need a dumbbell then this one might be a good choice: dumbbell
Triceps kickbacks – Starting position
Tricpes kickbacks – Starting position
- Support yourself with your non-exercising arm and the knee of the same side on a bench or something similar
- Your upper body is approx. parallel to the floor
- Upper arm of the exercising side is also parallel to the floor and on the side of your body
- Elbow is flexed slightly more than 90°
Triceps kickbacks – Execution
Tricpes kickbacks – Final position
- Your upper body and upper arm of the exercising side remain in their positions
- Extend your elbow until full extension
- Hold the fully extended arm 1 or 2 seconds and then get back into the starting position
The links marked with * are affiliate links belonging to the Amazon partner program. If you buy something through these links, I get a commission, of course there are no additional costs for you.
NSCA – National Strength and Conditioning Association (2016). Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training – 3rd Edition. Champaign. Il. Human Kinetics.
Be the first to comment