Flat barbell bench press | This article is about: barbell bench press ✔️ If you want to know how to do “bench press barbell”, then you’ve come to the right place! 🙂 However, if you want to learn more about other topics, such as your shoulder health, then just click on reverse fly exercise 😉
If you train at home and need a barbell* then just click on the link. 😉
Flat barbell bench press
Flat barbell bench press – Starting position
- You lie on a flat bench with your eyes directly under the bar
- Grasp the dumbbell with an overhand grip (palms facing feet)
- The handle is slightly wider than shoulder width
Flat barbell bench press – Execution
- Start with your arm in full extension
- Bring the dumbbell to the lower chest (about nipple level)
- Then reverse the direction and press the dumbbell back to the starting position
- When you press up, you don’t go completely straight up, but lead the dumbbell back slightly (the dumbbell makes a small arc)
The links marked with * are affiliate links belonging to the Amazon partner program. If you buy something through these links, I get a commission, of course there are no additional costs for you.
NSCA – National Strength and Conditioning Association (2016). Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training – 3rd Edition. Champaign. Il. Human Kinetics.
Be the first to comment